Wednesday, July 3, 2024

April fool

I’m April’s fool, tumbled

wide eyed into violets

and velvet bees

 

when April’s full. Head

over heels, a beetle

burrowing, a bee

 

big as a thumb, pollen drunk

headfirst in silk

skirted blooms.

 

Fall into April, itch

behind your eyes and throat,

fragrant, busy.

 

Fumble full and buzz

from bloom to bloom,

to mushrooms

 

fruiting phallic, frogs 

chirp. World's turning flips,

purple, gold


jingling at the toes. I'm 

singing, unembarassed,

upside down


I’m April’s fool now, tumbled

as any beetle, any bee,

legs beckoning,


itching, pollen hoarse

raw eyed and tearful, 

I'll uncurl 


here, ramhorn coils unwinding

into an unprotected slug, 

so tender-soft


even the fat white grubs feel 

dear, the greedy babes.

I'm down


to earth now, peering, full 

(O fool) of

Love



 

 

 

1 comment: