Monday, April 8, 2019

Song (version 2)

thought i saw this woman
black haired woman
walking by

saw her looking at me
with the corner
of her eye

i knew this girl before
i knew her going by

lived with her before
she was no kind of wife

said
i'll be your bracelets
said
let me be your bed

lie down with that girl, that girl: you
might as well be dead


lord her skin is pretty
but you might as well be dead

i said that girl
that girl i loved
she has long dark wavy hair

eyes like spiders
girl
i see you looking there

that woman, she has heavy
arms: thick and white
might wrap those arms around you
in the middle of the night

you might as well be dead then
better off alone
than lie there in the dark with
arms around your bones

i lived with her before once
might live with her again
come knocking on my door, i
guess i'll let her in

come fold me in your arms again
come tell me all your lies
i know the way you treated me

i know it wasn't right
i need someone to hold me

i can see you walking by

i lived with you before now
i can live with you again
i can feel the way you held me still

i guess i'll let you in










No comments:

Post a Comment